Founded in 1964 as one tractor dealership in Carlisle, Lloyd Ltd is now one of Britain’s leading distributors of a wide range of agricultural, construction and groundcare machinery and equipment, with eight branches across the north of England and south of Scotland. Covering every aspect of sales, service and parts, Lloyd Ltd represents many of the world’s leading manufacturers, including New Holland, Bobcat, Manitou, Honda, Kubota, Amazone, Väderstad and many more.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Experienced IT Manager to join our growing team at our Head Office in Carlisle to support our eight branches across the North of England and South of Scotland.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced and motivated IT Manager who will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring that all IT infrastructure and systems are operating effectively and efficiently. From providing first and second line support to managing key build projects, the successful candidate will demonstrate advanced knowledge of technical management, information analysis, and a thorough understanding of computer hardware and software systems.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring daily operations, including server hardware, software and operating systems
- Co-ordinating installations, upgrades and maintenance
- Troubleshooting user queries both remotely and at our branches
- Selecting new and replacement hardware and software as necessary
- Remaining up to date with advances in technology and industry best practices
- Liaising with external suppliers and Network and Telephone providers for support queries, quotes and contract renewals
An ideal IT Manager will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Significant technical experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Proficient in computer hardware, cabling installation and support, wireless technology applications and interface, and IT security.
- Experience of managing external suppliers and contractors
- Ability to take accountability and confident at driving issues through to resolution
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to a high level of detail
- Experience of working with the Gold system would be advantageous, but is not essential
In return, we can offer the successful candidate a competitive salary with Company vehicle plus other benefits.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the following form and our HR Department will contact you shortly.