Save up to £25.00 per acre
Why do we need our Spreader Tray Tested?
Because it takes a 20% variation before any noticeable stripping can be seen in the crop.
- Faint stripping can cost up to £15.00 per acre
- More prominent stripping up to £25.00 per acre
With over 600 fertilisers on the UK market there will inevitably be a considerable variation in their spreading properties. Therefore the benefits of an accurate spread are obvious.
Whilst it is true to say that the consistency of home produced fertilisers has improved in recent years, it is still possible to find variation in spread patterns.
It is also true to say that imported fertilisers are still notoriously variable in their physical characteristics.
How does the Tray Test work?
- The Tray Test is carried out on the farm.
- He will then calibrate the spreader with the fertiliser to be spread before laying out the test trays and assessing the spread pattern.
- Our engineer will thoroughly check all components on the Spreader and make any necessary adjustments.
- Should the pattern prove unsatisfactory, he will continue to adjust the machine until the optimum pattern is achieved.
How much does it cost?
The cost of the Tray Test is as follows:
- Machine Test – £195
- Additional Fertiliser – £60
- Additional Machine – £75
For more information
For more details or to book your Amazone Tray Test, please contact your local Lloyd Ltd branch or complete the form below.